La guerre aérienne illustrée
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Dunk Low
64.99 € 129.99 €
Voir le deal

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916

5 participants

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Empty Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916

Message par Xan Dim 22 Avr - 11:17

Bonjour,
mon prochain montage sera certainement un aviatik C1
Ace sujet je me suis rendu compte que l'armée allemande à utilisé plusieurs teintes de vernis differentes dont certaines apparaissent déjà dans notre galerie

bleu

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Img_1910

beige

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Image

gris vert

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 11110

blanc

y a il une logique d'utilisation? par période , par usine, par avionneur...

Enfin si vous pouvez dire les références utilisées en peinture ce serait impeccable!

Xan
Xan
Xan
Admin

http://www.legang.fr

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Empty Re: Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916

Message par Borsos Dim 22 Avr - 16:34

Sorry for writing this in English, but it's sadly too difficult for my mediocre French...

The question on German airplane colors in WWI sadly is very far from being answered. Especially regarding the early period before the usage of printed hexagonal camouflage or "Lozenge" (a modern English word for it, the Germans didn't use that in WWI) there are so many questions unanswered.
Untill 1916 airplanes were either doped or painted. According to Dan San Abbot looking at a black/white photo the difference is only visible, when there is a shining-through effect on the wings (dope) or not (paint). German planes were either clear doped linnen colored, then it depended on the manufacturer, if the linnen was bleached or not. The Pfalz E-types for instance were covered in bleached linnen:
Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 250px-Pfalz_E.II
Others had a beige appearance due to the natural color of unbleached canvas.

Obviously three shades of paint were used for early German planes: A light or "sky" blue that was later on used on the undersides of two- or three- toned canouflaged planes. Here on a fuselage of an Albatros C. I
Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Fuselage-of-1915-albatros-ci-ww1-german-fighter-biplane-polish-aviation-D2956R
Secondly a beige color, here on an fuselage of an Aviatik C. III:
Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Bild014
At last they (probabely) used a white paint to match white linnen color on wooden parts or struts respectively. Remember: The shown color photographs here are from the Aviation museum in Krakow and show restored planes that were partially quite crudely repainted in Berlin in the 1930ies. E. g. white borders on sky blue planes were not in use, untill the end of 1916 all iron crosses were painted either onto a white square or directly onto the white/beige canvas. The Polish researchers are at the beginning of restoring and investigating the original paints, and never expected new knowledge comes from there, e. g. regarding the famous DFW C. V.

Sadly it is not (yet) possible to say, which production batch from which manufacturer was painted which shade or not painted at all, was beige, blue or white. A guideline is only to have a look for the white squares of the markings: If there are none, then the color of the canvas was too light to add a white square under the crosses. Browsing through the awesome publications from Jack Herris about the airplanes from Rumpler, Aviatik, Roland, Pfalz, Albatros, AEG, DFW and so on there only can be vague guidelines. It seems that most Roland C. II were painted sky blue, most LVG C planes CDL or white, as most Albatros and DFW C planes. The Aviatik C. I seems to have been produced mostly covered in bleachened linen, as I never saw one with squares under the crosses and many have a shine-through effect. Rumpler C.-types are seen in blue, white and CDL.
The Fokker E types were long years thought to have been CDL, then researchers stated a beige color instead of the natural canvas color. Recently a field grey is claimed to have been used on most Fokker E types (by the WNW instruction booklets). There are reports of Allied pilots that describe their opponents as being brown, grey or beige overall.

Well, the only thing I know for sure is, that there is no sure guideline yet and the decision if to finish an early war German biplane in CDL, white linnen, painted white, blue or beige, depends entirely on your individual taste. No one will be able to proove you wrong at the current state of research.
Andreas

Borsos

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Empty Re: Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916

Message par pifoux Dim 22 Avr - 18:10

thank you very much for all these informations . It appears that to be clear all things are unclear !! Laughing

pifoux

Message par Borsos Dim 22 Avr - 18:50

de rien! C'est vrai Smile

Some examples:
Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Lvg-cii-D40YEB
That LVG C. II has no white squares under the crosses and a recognizable shading-through effect on the wings. I would paint a model of this plane a bleached, whitish CDL.

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Preview_lvg-c-ii_src_1 Another LVG C. II, this time with white squares, a little shading-through (you see the ribs, but not the markings!), I'd go with either unbleached CDL or sky blue paint. Beige or even a light fieldgrey would also be possible.

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Full
As here are no traces of a wooden surface and the fuselage of the Albatros C. I was actually made of wood, it is definitely paint. Due to the dark shade I'd use a grey (some Albatros C. planes are reported to have been painted grey).

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 180-albatros-c-i-1461-15-fl-abt-8 That one is also an Albatros C. I., it's shade is lighter so I'd give it most probabely a sky blue finish. But a closer look shows, it's obviously a training machine after fall 1916: some crosses already have borders instead of squares and "Fliegerersatzabteilung 8" is a training or better said replacement unit in Germany that was usually equipped with outdated airplanes.

So you see it's always an interpretation of a certain photo....
Best regards
a bientôt
Andreas

Borsos

Message par Xan Dim 22 Avr - 20:03

Voici la décoration qu je vais certainement faire:

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Tvk7

L'aviatik devant le fokker de Boelcke sur le front de Verdun il pourrait être bleu ciel non ?
On distingue le carré blanc derrière la croix , mais le contraste n'est pas important...

je pense que windsock s'en est inspité pour sa couverture:

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Nng2[

Donc il s'agit de peinture bleu si j'ai bien compris , pas de vernis teinté ? ou il t avait les deux?

Sinon j'aime bien aussi cette déco

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 0hs4

je pense qu'il s'agit de la même teinte que celle du fokker de Jean Luc

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 11110

et là c'est une teinte ou une peinture?
Xan
Xan
Admin

Message par Borsos Dim 22 Avr - 20:21

oui, naturelment, it could be tinted dope as well. I didn't separate between tinted dope and paint in my posts up there. Would have made the things even more complicated. It is almost impossible to separate tinted dope from paints on b/w photos if there's no shining through effect visible.

In this case there's not much shining through on the wings visible.
Although there are many canvas samples of downed German aircraft in late war finishes, there are none as far as I know from this early period.
You shouldn't go wrong with cream coloured clear doped linen and also sky blue is definitely possible. whatever you choose, there are white squares under the iron crosses, so the color of the plane seems to different from white realizably.
I will check my references, maybe there's even more on this very Aviatik somewhere...
Andreas

Dernière édition par Borsos le Dim 22 Avr - 21:50, édité 1 fois

Borsos

Message par cage à poules Dim 22 Avr - 21:45

Sur le windsock 079 consacré au Rumpler C I, il parle de vernis teinté (pigmented dopes frequently resulted in a virtually overall white or very pale blue finish.

Ce dernier (bleu pale) devenant le standard avant l'arrivée des toiles peintes ou imprimées.
Comme l'a dit Andreas, sur les avions en toile écrue (CDL) ou blanc Les croix sont peintes telle qu'elles sur la toile alors que sur les machines "bleues", elles sont peintes sur un fond blanc de forme carrée.
Après avoir retracer la période "Navarre à Verdun", tu vas faire les adversaires. C'est quelle marque ton Aviatik ?
cage à poules
cage à poules

Message par Xan Dim 22 Avr - 22:14

J'avais cette idée , Pour cela j'aurais beaucoup aimé trouver un aviatik BI mais cela n'existe pas au 1/48...
plus que vraiment les avions qu'il a abattu , présenter un avion allemand de l'époque m’intéresse.

la maquette est une copper state models première génération
Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Title_product

Dernière édition par Xan le Ven 31 Aoû - 15:41, édité 2 fois
Xan
Xan
Admin

sidevalve aime ce message

Message par Borsos Dim 29 Avr - 15:45

Cette maquette est tres beau!
Dans le livre de Jack Herris toutes les Aviatic C I sont realisée en blanc, pas du bleu. Si tu veux, je peu envoyer un scan?
A bientôt
Andreas

Borsos

Message par Xan Dim 29 Avr - 23:12

Bonsoir Andreas, tu as raison pour Herris. Je te remercie mais je l'ai déjà.

Xan
Xan
Xan
Admin

Message par malcolm Ven 31 Aoû - 13:16

Bonjour, je m'imisce.

Préparant le matériel pour le futur Albatros DV que je compte faire en déco de Ricard Flashar, je coince sur les peintures à acheter.

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 8113_1

Eduard donne les couleurs en nom anglais, soit
purple
wood brown
dark green
gray
lght grey (2 type différents)
light blue
green

mais sur le site IPMS Stockolm, j'ai des noms en allemand
http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_germany.htm

vous connaissez les correspondances ?

malcolm
malcolm

http://r1cmaf.free.fr

Message par malcolm Ven 31 Aoû - 14:13

malcolm
malcolm

Message par Xan Ven 31 Aoû - 15:44

Pour les correspondance adresse toi à Borsos qui est allemand et patle parfaitement anglais. il pourra te donner les correspondances...
Pour les peintures AK je pourrais t'en parler bientôt car courant Septembre, je dois tester le set WWII Russe.

Xan
Xan
Xan
Admin

Message par malcolm Ven 31 Aoû - 16:14

malcolm
malcolm

Message par Xan Ven 31 Aoû - 17:11

effectivement.
Dans le même esprit, j'ai essayé les acryliques Hataka qui sont de la daube totale. les laques sont mieux.
J'attends les AK pour test.Je te dirais quand j'en saurais plus...

Xan
Xan
Xan
Admin

Message par malcolm Ven 31 Aoû - 17:17

Bon, après quelques recherches, ça donnerait ceci:

couleurHumbroltamiyaGunze
Vert Foncé       163n/a H330
Violet Foncé68X16H39
Vert      3X5H6v
Bleu Clair65XF23H67
Gris Fer92XF22H70

J'ai jamais vu un pot Gunze, je sais pas pourquoi c'est toujours la référence ?
malcolm
malcolm

Message par Borsos Ven 31 Aoû - 17:47

Bonjour,

regarding German WWI colors, at first I can try to give a correspondence between the English eduard and the German IPMS Stockholm names:

purple = violett (Dunkelviolett)
wood brown = coleur de bois, no correspondence in Stockholm
dark green = Dunkelgrün
gray = grau, gris -- can mean any gray color
light grey (2 different types) Hellgrau, can mean any light grey color
light blue = hellblau, I think that's the underside blue
green = grün (vert) can mean any shade of green

In my opinion, the colors given by the IPMS Stockholm ( Humbrol 30, 160, 107 and so forth) are a little bit on the dark side.

For Flashar's Dragon-marked Albatros D. V you could use the color chart given by Wingnut Wings in their instruction booklet for their out-of-print Albatros Triology: http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3164&cat=4

I do not have the AK WWI German Colors set, because I airbrush my models and I don't like AK colors for airbrushing (I just use them for brushpainting my figures)
But we can have a look into it:
AK2271 German Fokker Grey : That color is, I think, a kind of field grey for painting the Fokker eindecker. A good equivalent is any color that matches RLM02 (wrong war, but a propper shade... Very Happy ) There was nothing known like a certain "Fokker grey" at the Fokker factory, that name is an invention by AK
AK2272 German light Green: that's the light green color on German three-tone camouflages, in my opinion every lighter green that is a little on the grey side does the job!
AK2273 German dark green : the dark color for German three tone camouflages. Some tend to use an olive green for that, I peronally like Revell 46, it's the color "w" on the above mentioned WNW instruction.
AK2273 WWI German Mauve : that's purple/violett. It's WNW's "o". Mauve was used in 1917 after the only brown and green camouflaged planes were often mistakenly kept for allied planes. therefore they added the mauve
AK2275 WWI German Red Brown: that's the brown shade on German camouflaged wings. I personally love Revell 37 for this job.
AK2276 WWI German Light Blue: That's the underside light blue. Any pale blue (e. g. Revell 55 with a good drop of white) will do the job
AK2277 German Lilac : Doesn't make any sense for me, as Ak2273 already is a lilac/mauve/violett shade.
AK2278 German Grey-Green primer: I think they mean the grey-green German factories used to paint struts and metal parts on airplanes (like the engine cover on Flashar's Albatros). You can use any grey or grey-green shade you want.

To say it clear: TO GIVE ANY CERTAIN MIXTURES FOR GERMAN WWI COLORS (like AK does here) IS SIMPLY RIDICULOUS. At first: No color photographs exist. At second: colors diversed in shade extremely between production batches. There was no constant color formula. At third: They used whatever color was on hand. There existed no "RLM" or "RAL" or whatever. at forth: weathering, especially exposure to UV-sunlight brought these colors quickly to fade and to change. A plane out of the factory could show totaly different tonal shades after some months at the frontline.

As long as you don't paint your Richthofen-Triplane in yellow-blue stripes, almost eveything is possible, just choose the color shade you want. When we compare model color numbes and shades we more compare color shades that became more or less traditional in the modelling comunity than in real life. It Doesn't mean that the planes 100 years ago were in fact painted in that certain color shade.

As a general remark on German WWI colors 1916-1918:
Metal parts (including wheel covers and struts) on every aircraft were painted a green or gray shade. Ther was nothing like a certain "primer grey", every factory used what they had.
From mid 1916 till early 1916 upper surfaces were painted in a two- or three tone camouflage, that means Dunkelgrün (dark green or olive green) and Rotbraun (red brown) or dunkelgrün, hellgrün (an additional bright green tone) and red brown. Unersides of the flying surfaces were painted sky blue/ hellgrau (light blue). that was a very pale light blue. Fuselages were either painted (if linnen covered) or left in their wooden shade. After eraly 1917, red brown was replaced by mauve/lilac/violett. A little later on, a five colored printed camouflage (the so-called "Lozenge", a word that is post-war and american, the Germans simply called it "Tarnstoff" -- camouflage linnen) was introduced. Lighter colors on the underside, darker on the upper. In 1918 they dropped one color and printed only four colored Tarnstoff. Often then the fuselages were painted in irregular angulared fields as well. But there were many many exceptions. Flashar's Albatros for instance had its fuselage painted in a color that is traditionally represented as a light grey (WNW's color "i"). There are countless examples of airplanes camouflaged at the frontline in a totally different way. And finally problems of supply made it often necessary to use whatever was on hand. Ther are many German planes that had their upper flying surfaces covered in the lighter shaded Tarnstoff and the undersides in unpainted linnen due to shortages in supply of the dark shaded linnen.

Cordialement
Andreas

Borsos

Message par Xan Ven 31 Aoû - 18:17

Merci beaucoup Andreas c'est une super explication!
Xan
Xan
Xan
Admin

Message par Xan Sam 1 Sep - 10:28

malcolm a écrit:J'ai jamais vu un pot Gunze, je sais pas pourquoi c'est toujours la référence ?
c'est le même type de peinture que la Tamiya. A quoi tu peins?
Xan
Xan
Xan
Admin

Message par malcolm Sam 1 Sep - 13:37

Thanks Dorsos.

Xan, aérographe Badger 150 depuis plus de 20 ans, bon j'ai à peu près ce qu'il faut là:

Au sujet des teintes de vernis des avions allemands 1914/1916 Img_2513
malcolm
malcolm

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé